空 道 流 武 術
kudo ryu bu-jutsu
WHITE BELT unarmed combat
- SECTION 2.0: PUNCH DEFENSES
- subsection 3.0: CATCH (USING REAR HAND) VS. HIGH JAB PUNCH
- POSITION: MATCHING LEADS
- FEBRUARY / 26 / 2016
- To defend the jab punch, tori moves tori's rear hand from it's position on tori's rear side cheek.
- Tori brings tori's right hand about 8 to 10 inches in front of tori's face with tori's palm facing away from tori.
- Tori receives uke's punch in palm of tori's rear hand.
- Tori gives a light smack into and up so that uke's fist doesn't take tori's rear hand into tori's face, as well as to begin educating opening lines.
- Tori must not reach for punches, but instead must allow uke's punches to come to tori. Reaching opens up more lines for attack.
- Tori must resist the urge to pat uke's jab punch at a downward or inside angle. This brings tori's defending hand away from tori's face leaving tori open.
- Tori must quickly return his rear hand to guard position after catching uke's jab punch.